Thursday, July 9, 2009

I am not ordinary - and neither are my cats

I have three cats. My senior feline lady Laura is already 17 years old and almost deaf. Her main activitiy is sleeping (and puking - she is my "puke cat").


Then there is Aimee, who just turned three this spring. She is our little princess - both M and I really spoiled her when she was a kitten and she now has quite the attitude.


Our youngest cat is Aaliyah and she just turned one and is still quite the handful, but very lovable and cuddly nevertheless.



We realized very soon that Aimee had some strange sleeping habits:

Like this...


And this...


Or this...



And she still sleeps like this...


Aimee and Aaliyah are from the same farm and are widely related. Aaliyah loved Aimee from the moment she set eyes on her and learned a lot of behaviors from her (good ones and not so good ones).

And from being a kitten on Aaliyah also slept like this...



And this...


And now at one year old she still sleeps like this...


Is this simply in their genes or is Aimee the truly weird sleep position cat and Aaliyah is just the copy-cat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cats certainly are flexible and I must say weird, must be an Austrian thing, lol.