Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A clean bill of health for my 17 year old feline

I took Laura to the vet for a check-up today, because it's been more than a year already since her last check-up.

I am very excited to report that my very ancient 17 year old cat that has been my feline companion since I was 14 years old and that has been with me through all the bad teenage years is exceptionally healthy! Perfect teeth, good heart, no kidney problems, her tummy problems under control thanks to her daily steroids - just a bit of joint problems and hearing loss.

I am so happy - last year she was really sick and had lost so much weight - just skin and bones and we really thought we were going to lose her, she was then diagnosed with chronic gastroenteritis and put on steroids, stopped throwing up and gained back all the weight she had lost.


By the way - we are aiming for 20 years at least!

No comments: