Friday, September 4, 2009

Fall is in the air - and I am baking

Fall is coming - and I have started baking! Temperatures hovered at 18 °C today, quite a difference to the 28 to 30 °C we kept having for the past few weeks.

Even though I absolutely love to bake, I have to take some time off baking during the hot summer months due to the fact that we have a very tiny and windowless kitchen - if I crank up the oven on top off having an inside temperature of 28 °C.......

But I am on a baking spree tonight! At the moment I have ginger snap cookies in the oven, in the meantime I have prepared mashed pumpkin for some pumpkin bread and I think I also want to make some blueberry oatmeal bars.

The only downside is that I am feeling quite nauseous from having dinner earlier, and maybe the lovely smell of freshly baked ginger snap cookies isn't exactly contributing to me feeling better, but I don't care because I am having fun and at least it keeps me distracted a bit from my nausea.

2 1/2 hours later - these are the results: