Saturday, September 12, 2009

Motherly feelings or the clock is ticking

I am so excited! I got to see my best friend's twins today. They had been born premature and are now finally out of the NICU. I have only visited them once before when they were just a few days old and still really fragile and today was so different from back then.

One of the twins, Simon, is going to be my god child and I got to hold him today for the very first time. I held him for more than an hour and I also got to burp him after he had finished feeding. Having this tiny human being lying on my chest and stroking his back felt so good!

Darn those motherly feelings that come up during moments like these.... I guess my clock is ticking big time.

Logically I know I have to finish my degree first, work a bit and get to a better weight before I even start to think about starting a family with M, but emotionally things are looking a lot different.

I can't wait to be a Mum one day! And I don't care if I am going to be "Tube Mom", as long as it makes me healthy enough to have children.

No comments: