Wednesday, October 21, 2009

finally an update

It's been a while since my last update.

It has been quite a week. I have been having problems at work with a co-worker and that really put me under a lot of stress over the weekend. This actually is an on-going problem that has escalated over the last few weeks. Thankfully I have a session with our family therapist coming up on Saturday and I am really looking forward to get some practical advice from her on how to deal with the situation.

M and I have finally set a date for our wedding and I am so excited because two of my careworkers from when I was at the Montreux clinic in Canada have already told me that they will come to Vienna to watch me get married. Those two women are part of the reason that I am alive and happy and healthy. They have put so much love and effort (way beyond what they were paid for you) into helping me recover and I feel honored to have them with me on that special day.

M and I have now booked the church for the wedding and the hotel for the reception. We still have to book the stylist and photographer.
A friend of ours (a musician) will dj at the reception and will also play with his girlfriend (who is one of my best friends) during the church ceremony (they are both flautists, but he will also play the sax). I am going to have a really "musical wedding", not only will my friends play, my future sister-in-law will sing.

The other big news I wanted to tell are:
I passed my last exam!!! And now I have to brag a bit because not only did I pass, I got an A! Now I just (this is the understatement of the day) have to complete my thesis and take my diploma exam.
If I had known how much work an eeg-study is I would have not written my thesis in neuropsychology. It took me an entire semester to plan my study and program the computer program, another semester to record the eeg data and it probably will take another semester to analyze the data and write the thesis. But here is the thing: not only am I analyzing eeg data, I am also analyzing ecg data with regards to heart rate variability. I obviously did not think straight when I agreed to do both.

No comments: