Friday, October 30, 2009

Thank God for step-fathers!

Most of you know by now that I have three cats, three very furry long-haired cats to be specific. They all shed like crazy and with so much cat hair floating around on my carpet and my hardwood floor, it shouldn't have surprised me to find millions of cat hair stuck in the wheels of my IV (tube feeding) pole when I tried to get to the bottom of my non-rolling IV pole wheels.

Being the handy-man (woman) around this household, I wanted to try fixing it myself. Imagine me sitting on the floor, crouched over the wheels of my IV pole with a pair of tweezers and a pair of tiny sewing scissors trying to "de-fur" the wheels. I managed to get out quite a bit of tangled cat-hair, but not enough to get my IV pole running again, I then resorted to carrying my IV pole through the appartment at night. Very inconvenient, especially when trying to get into my bedroom without my cats (we have a strict no-cat policy during the night - cat teeth and giving set tubes simply don't get along).

Last weekend we went home to stay at my parents and since my step-father is way more of a handy-man than I am I asked him to help me fix my wheels. M and I arrived Saturday afternoon when my parents were out shopping, put our luggage (and my pole) inside and left for our family therapist appointment. When we came back almost two hours later, I was very surprised to find out that my step-father had already fixed my IV pole. I was so curious to find out how he had gotten rid of all the cat hair and couldn't wait to ask him. "Well", he told me, "I went to the hardware store and bought five new wheels".

I laughed so hard! For some reasong I would have never thought to just buy new wheels.

So yes, thanks to my stepdad I am now sporting five brand-new wheels on my IV pole! And they work so well! M keeps saying that he has to implement a speed limit in our hallway because of my speedy IV pole wheels!


My IV pole waiting for its next spin with Tube Girl!

No comments: