Saturday, December 12, 2009

How I met M - Part 2

A couple weeks passed before I decided to contact M. Because really, I always like to meet new people. But instead of calling him, I texted him and gave him my email-address, thinking that this would be less obtrusive.

He really did e-mail me the next day and told me a bit about himself and we decided to meet for some tea the following Sunday. It was kind of strange, I had never been on a blind date before, even though, technically it was not a real blind date because I had no romantic interest whatsoever, I just wanted to meet someone new.

Well, that was before I met him. We had set up a meeting point at a downtown subway station and I was there before him, waiting for him. He had told me what he was going to wear that day, and there I stood waiting for him to come up the escalator. I remember thinking to myself, whenever am man came up the escalator that I didn't find cute: "please, let that not be him". A bit shallow, I know :-)

And then he did come up the escalator and when I realized it was him, my heart started beating faster (I know, very corny), and then he started talking to me, and he has quite a deap voice and a very sexy (in my opinion) Tyrolian (part of Austria) accent. For me, I guess, it kind of was love at first sight!

We went to a café to have some tea and talked and talked and talked for almost three hours. I felt really comfortable talking to him and the more I got to know him the more I wanted to meet him again. But I had no idea how he felt about me, I didn't even know if he had a girlfriend or not.

We both had to take the same subway line, but after a very noncommittal good-bye just before I had to get off the train, I had no idea if I was going to see him again....

No comments: