Thursday, January 14, 2010

Psychology internship

I started my psychology internship at a neurology department of a big viennese hospital on Monday and I am loving it!

This is exactly what I want to do!!!

I get to attend the daily morning meetings at the ward, listen to what patients were admitted since the last meeting the day before, try to figure out for myself if I can spot the lesions or bleedings in the MRIs or CTs that are being projected on a big screen and just soak up lots of medical talk and language.

For now I am just shadowing my supervisor and my colleague, but hopefully pretty soon I will get to carry out some diagnostic tests as well. And I will also probably get to carry out some rehab sessions with a new patient next week.

1 comment:

lucrecia said...

You inspire me so much! I hope everything goes great with your advisor and with your studies. You replied to my post in the Inspire website. I admire you so much! I wish you and your fiance the best!

Lucy M