Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mandatory catholic marriage class - done!

One more step done in preparation for our wedding in August. Manu and I attended the mandatory catholic marriage class on Saturday. For me as a psychologist some of the couple exercises we did were more than questionable, as they were not very well prepared. There was one exercise were both partners had to indicate the level of certain influences (i.e. family, friends, job...) on our future marriage. Afterwards the rating of both partners were compared. M's and my ratings were almost identical, the comment of our catholic marriage counsellor was that these identical ratings were very common for couples that have not yet been together very long. Well, I said, I have been with my boyfriend for 7.5 years now!!! I wouldn't exactly call that a "young" relationship. :-)

No comments: