Monday, May 24, 2010

Keeping myself motivated

In four and a half weeks I will be taking my big, huge final oral diploma exam. I am studying almost non-stop, about 8 hours a day, from 8 in the morning until 6 at night with a two-hour break for having lunch and taking a nap - sleeping aids consolidation - that's an important part of the formation of memories in our brain.

That's why I am doing little else, but studying at the moment, hardly leaving the house. I have decided to make a list of all the things I will be able to do in July because I will have plenty of time then:

  • visit my friend and her twins (one of them being my god-son) at least once a week (she lives about a 45-minute-drive away) and I have missed so much already of the twins' development because I have only seen them every couple of months in the past half year
  • talk to the pastry chef about my wedding cake (gi-friendly of course, there is no way that I will miss out on my wedding cake)
  • figure out what food to serve at my wedding
  • meet the florist for my decorations and my wedding bouquet (allergy friendly of course, don't want to be sneezing and itching myself through my ceremony)
  • see my gi-doc for a follow-up (two-hour drive from Vienna)
  • take Aaliyah to a different vet for a second opinion on her problem-paw
  • deep-clean my kitchen and bathroom
  • AND last, but not least, do some serious wedding planning :-)!!!!

No comments: