Thursday, July 29, 2010

Semi-elemental tube feeds - they reek!

I received my semi-elemental tube feeds (a mixture of oligopeptides and free aminoacids) yesterday. The color is very strange and yucky looking, but the smell is even worse!

I had hard time keeping myself from gagging when I measured out my tubefeeds yesterday evening. The only disadvantage is that it is 1.0 formula (1 cal/1ml), and I now have to tubefeed so much more and longer!!!

Nevertheless, it worked really well last night! Burping it up was quite disgusting too, but I tolerated it much better than my old formula, as my stomach doesn't have to work lots moving it forward at all. It is a very thin liquid and liquids work a lot better for me anyways. I am positive that I will be able to increase my calory intake again, and I am actually planning to go to a higher calory intake again for a few weeks to gain back the weight I lost over the past few weeks.

Hopefully, it works for my hypoalbuminemia as well, and hopefully I will be able to get used to the smell.

No comments: