Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Having a hard time

I am still having a hard time with my new formula. I just don't feel well on it. Yes, my gi-symptoms are actually better, but I am feeling worse. I have no energy whatsoever even though I am eating orally allright and tube feeding the same amount of calories as before. I feel as if I am constantly hypoglycemic. No, I just don't feel right.

I was supposed to stay on this formula for four weeks and then I was supposed to get my albumin levels re-tested. But I am really doubting that I can continue on this formula. I am really ambivalent in my thoughts because part of me actually doesn't want this formula to have an effect on my albumin so I can go back to my old formula and stop feeling crappy all the time. But on the other hand I know that living with hypoalbuminemia is not a good thing, and we need to find a way to get my albumin levels up. And what if the formula does help with my protein absorption and I have to stay on it in order to be healthy? AARGH!!!! Of course I want to be healthy, but I don't want to feel as bad as I have been feeling.

I e-mailed my dietican a couple hours ago and told her what has been going on. I am very tempted to just hook up my old formula tonight.

It looks as vile as it smells.

1 comment:

Natiebar said...

Don't do it, Julia! Stick with the formula - maybe it is something else causing you to feel so crappy or the fact you have it in your head that it is making you feel bad. I think you should keep taking it. I'm guessing it is like everything else we have to go through in that it will take some time to work and get used to. I have faith in you, you can do it!