Saturday, September 4, 2010

A recap of the past week - Friday 27th of August

And then it was Friday.

Here in Austria we have to be legally married before being able to get married in church. Therefore, on Friday at 11 AM we had our appointment at the registrar's office for our civil service wedding.

On Friday it was only going to be our immediate families and our witnesses to the ceremony. I left at 8 AM to get my first manicure ever, sent Nora, James, and Arish off to the Sch├Ânbrunn Zoo, started to get ready at 9.45, was starting to blow dry my hair, when Mum, my Stepdad, my stepbrother, and his girlfriend arrived at our place to drop off my wedding dress for Saturday, have a few glasses of water and relax a bit. That kind of threw me off though :-) - I am not used to other people being around me, except M of course, when I am trying to get my make-up and hair done.

So I felt a bit disorganized, running around in my bathrobe, trying to get ready. But I did manage to get ready in time, did forget my bouquet at home though - thankfully M took it with him (he took the subway, while I got to ride with my Mum and Stepdad).

The civil wedding was very short, I did have a couple tears in my eyes, but not too bad :-). It only took 10 minutes, the registrar basically just asked us if I wanted to marry M, and if M wanted to marry me and then she pronounced us husband and wife - that was it. I was really happy afterwards that this was not my "real wedding" because it didn't feel like it at all. We also took our rings off again afterwards.

Here are a few impressions of the civil service wedding:


M's Mum making me laugh :-)



Signing the marriage certificate

M had to sign too :-)
Legally wed!

Both our families - minus my Dad :-)


Afterwards we all went for lunch to an Italian restaurant. I had some pasta that I fought with quite a bit. I guess my stomach didn't agree with all the excitement!

M and I took the subway home from the restaurant. It was so much fun to see the looks on people's faces, as we obviously were newly-weds!

That Friday night we had a very special dinner with some very special friends who are so dear to my heart and I got to wear my dress again and be a bride once more.

No comments: