Friday, October 15, 2010

J-tube is a go!!!!

After (what felt like) a million e-mails to various people all over Europe, I have organized the following:
I will get my low-profile j-tube (through my existing gastrostoma) either on the 25th or 26th of October. I also have my friend's Dad on board now, who is an interventional radiologist - he will do my tube changes from now on. I still have to call him tomorrow and talk to him in person, but my friend already talked to him today.

I am so looking forward to the switch! And I really hope my jejunum will start to adapt to the feeds quickly.

I will be the only person in Austria that has this fancy Mic-key low-profile j-tube!

1 comment:

Ziggyramone said...

Hooray! So glad you managed to convince them - wishing you the very best and I hope it all goes Ok! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, keep in touch and take care! Ziggy. xx