Friday, October 29, 2010

Travelling experiences

I did not feel like blogging about it as long as I was still on vacation, but here my experiences as a travelling tube girl.

I had called Lufthansa ahead of time and was transferred to their medical operations officer. He assured me that I would be able to get 20 kg extra in medical luggage free of charge. This is something I needed desperately due to the amount of formula I had to bring for my stay.

I had checked in online for us the night before, and therefore we only needed to drop off our luggage at the baggage drop off counter. That's where I was told that the medical operations officer did note in my file that I had medical stuff in my suitcase, but failed to note that this would be free of charge.

I got soooo mad!!! That's why I had called Lufthansa ahead of time! Anyway the woman from ground crew told us that she can't do anything about it, and we had to pay 10 Euros a kilo for every kilo we were over our 40 kg (20 kg per person). Fortunately M is a very light traveller, so we were only three kilos over, but still I was not prepared to pay for that. We then started taking out as much clothes as possible and put it in our carry-on luggage and thankfully that worked out.

Once back home I wrote the medical operations officer I had dealt with an e-mail asking for an explanation and what I could do to prevent that from happening in the future. So far I have received no answer...

No comments: