Thursday, November 4, 2010

Being a j-tube feeding dancing tubegirl

I have posted about this on inspire already, but nevertheless I wanted to post it here again too. At the moment I am feeding 16 hours a day. My 8 hours off the pump are spent working at the hospital as an (almost) incognito tubegirl. Almost, because I show up and leave hooked up to my pump and backpack.

On Tuesday, M and I had our weekly ballroom dancing class. I did not want to not hook up for those two hours, as I can't really afford to not tubefeed for two hours during my tubefeeding time at the moment. I therefore decided that I can dance and be hooked up at the same time.

Yes, the other couples did look at me and probably wondered what I was doing with a backpack on the dance floor. And yes, our ballroom dancing instructor (while using his microphone so everyone could hear him) looked at me and said "Today with a backpack?", but when I silently pointed to the tube sticking out from the backpack and going up my shirt, he quickly apologized.

And then we just had fun and danced and danced and danced!!! 

No comments: