Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My very sensitive GI tract and I

When I came home from work yesterday, I thought that it was only going to be a matter of hours until I had gotten rid of all the contrast and the diarrhea would subside. Even when I was going through a particular bad phase between 5 and 8 PM, I still thought that I could go back to work today. I even set my alarm clock to 6.15 AM (although M had already told me that there was no way I would be going to work). A bout of diarrhea at 4.15 AM in the morning was all I needed to realize that maybe he was right about not working today.

It's now early in the afternoon and my GI tract is still very upset. I am still having large amounts of diarrhea and consequently have a hard time keeping myself hydrated. I am contemplating on seeing my family physician, but she has no appointments left for today, meaning that I will wait a couple of hours before getting in. Sitting in a waiting room and having diarrhea is not one of my favorite pastimes. Still that bottle of IV fluids that she could potentially give me might be an incentive to go and see her.

No comments: