Monday, November 22, 2010

Wow that contrast dye hit me hard...

It's been a week since my tube change now, and I have still not fully gotten over the effects of the contrast dye yet. I was told that yes this contrast can cause diarrhea, but only of a self-limiting short nature.

It seems that I have really upset my intestines, I tried some well-cooked vegetables Friday night, and I was in so much pain and bloated really badly over the weekend. Didn't do my diarrhea any good either.

But I think I am finally getting better. Today is the first day that I don't have cramps and pain. I really hope that I can introduce some veggies again soon, and maybe some deli chicken. Besides tube feeding, I have only been eating plain rice, pasta and white bread. Very boring.

Jejunal feeding is still going well. I did have to turn the rate down again a couple days ago, as I felt really sick. But I am already increasing my rate again. I am planning to slowly get myself up to 120 ml/h that way I might be able to get my feeding time down to 12-14 hours a day, and I would have more time off the pump!

No comments: