Monday, December 20, 2010

I guess I have to start looking for a new GI doc

My GI doc finally mailed and basically my case is too complex for him. Lots of conflicting information going on from his side. He basically said to me today that he has no experience with PEJs or PEG/Js. A PEG/J is the standard GJ-tube in Austria. What he placed in October (the Mic-key GJ) is usually not available in Austria. With a PEG/J all he has to do is place a PEG (which he can do) and thread down the J-part (which he already did with the Mic-key). The J-part of the PEG has a bengmark memory spiral (like a pigtail) making it more likely to stay down in the jejunum. There is no way that I believe him that he has never placed a PEG/J.

My dietician is trying to get me in to see someone else for a PEJ or PEG/J placement as soon as possible. I guess it's a good thing he is telling us now that he can't deal with my case any longer, as I need a really good GI doc for when I will get pregnant. Makes me sad though.

I am feeling the effects of less energy and protein, and I pray that a solution will be found soon!

No comments: