Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Darn that intestinal dysmotility

I keep forgetting that I have intestinal dysmotility issues as well, with some reverse peristalsis going on. Or more likely I am still in denial about it. I have been having some intestinal reflux all the time, but yesterday was especially bad, and I was refluxing my formula up into my stomach again. Of course I freaked and thought for sure that my tube was back in my stomach, especially after I just had my little tube drama last Friday and knowing that it was about 15 cm shorter now.

I was on the verge of e-mailing my GI doc to ask for an X-ray for a placement check. And then it sunk in again that this is my new normal. There will be days when my intestines will be pushing my formula back up. And it fits, as I had a GP flare the night before (too much milk foam on my evening tea) with subsequent nausea all through the night and the rest of the day.

In UTI news - I have not heard back from my doc in regards to the urin culture, so either no bacteria could be cultured anymore after two days on antibiotics or the cipro is sensitive to the bacteria that could be found. Today, I took my last pill of a five-day high-dose course, but to be honest I am still not completely symptom-free. I guess I should pay my doc another visit before she is on vacation next week.

No comments: