Saturday, February 5, 2011

I am feeling better!!!

What a week!
I finally realized why I was feeling so sick. One of the meds my family physician had given me for my UTI is an absolute no-no for people with GP. Buscopan is an anticholinergic and it delays gastric emptying even in healthy volunteers. I only took it for two days, but it took a while to get it out of my system and I felt sick until Wednesday night. It didn't help that I took lots of Zofran on top of it, as Zofran slows down the intestinal system as well. Thursday I went back to work, still feeling nauseated a bit, by Friday I was back to my usual baseline.

Thursday night I ate some lactose free vanille yoghurt, only a few spoons, but it was so delicious! And I tolerated it quite well. Today I had some really watered down squash soup that my Stepdad made for lunch. It tasted really good, but it caused cramps and some nausea, I might have had too much of it though :-).

M and I selected the first piece of furniture for our new apartment today. It's a really beautiful couch for our living room.

No comments: