Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wanted :-)

They want me!!!
I had a wonderful job interview this morning. All my worries about my feeding tube and waistpack were unfounded.

I selected my smallest waistpack and wore a scarf, so as to not draw attention to the fact that I was sitting down with a waistpack on. We then talked about all the job related stuff and when it was determined that I was the person they were looking for for the internship, I told the neuropsychologist I was talking with that I did want to mention one more thing about me. I explained everything and showed her my waistpack, and also let her know that I have been working with this set-up with patients at my current workplace without any problems. I also mentioned that I do think that this makes me a better psychologist because I know first-hand how life-changing medical issues can be and how important good coping strategies are.

Now I just have to get through a few burreaucratic issues, please keep your fingers crossed that everything will work out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'm so happy for you!

Ink

Shawna said...

It is so nice to read about someone else working and tubefeeding. I went to my workplace for the first time "hooked up" today to meet with my bosses about returning to work.

You are an inspiration!

Tube Girl said...

Hi Shawna!
I guess there are quite a few of us working "tube feeders" spread around the world. :-) Glad you are thinking about going back to work!