Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the mend

I am finally starting to feel a bit better. That really was one heck of a cold/sinusitis/bronchitis... My husband has been really good this year with not catching the bugs I brought home, but this was one he could not escape. So now he is sniffing and coughing and cuddling up with the cats on the couch, while I am well enough again to run the household. Did lots of cleaning and tidying up yesterday morning and finished off the evening with some ironing (not one of my favourite activities).

I still get sweaty and flushed really easily which means that my autonomic nervous system is still in overdrive, but at least I can walk again without getting out of breath.

I will be getting my blood levels (including a vitamin status) checked in a couple of weeks, and then I will most likely have to start with a multivitamin. I am getting all the necessary vitamins through my formula, but because my tube is positioned deeply in the jejunum I might not be able absorb them as well. On top of it I tend to absorb vitamins badly anyway, even when taken orally.

With being so sick with sinus stuff my appetite for "real food" was non-existant in the past few days. I usually munch on a couple crackers during the day, but my stomach always felt full from lots of post-nasal drip...


I am looking forward to a new week. Hopefully by the end of it I will be well enough to go running and work out again. M and I joined a gym a few weeks ago to add some muscle mass to my very skinny arms, but with being sick all the time, I have not been able to get into a routine yet.

No comments: