Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to work

I am going back to work tomorrow. I am still a bit in pain, but it's tolerable, and I feel bad if I stay home another day. Tried to be more active today, to find out where my limits are, now I am so tired that I am already in bed (8.20).

If it was just for working, I would have no doubts (or at least less doubts), it's the commute there and back and the fact that I'll be on my feet for 12 hours that kind of scares me.

My stoma is looking alright, a bit red around the edges but that is to be expected. It's causing me less pain now to clean it up and advance the tube inside the stoma to avoid burried bumper syndrome. Talked to my enterostomy nurse today and will get some Medihoney tomorrow to speed up healing of the stoma tract.

I wished I could stay home another day, but I kind of promised my boss that I was going to come back tomorrow. On the other hand, at least work distracts me.


No comments: