Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I should have known better....

Some might call it stupid, some overly ambitious, but I decided to go back to work today. Since working for me means having to get up at 5:20 and commute for 1.30 h (subway, train, and then walk), I was already beat by the time I arrived at the hospital. On top of it I was wearing the wrong pants - quite tight and high up, always rubbing against my tube site.

I wanted to go back to work because I had told my boss last week that I was not going to be out any longer then Monday. It was her who ended up sending me home today anyway, telling me to go lie down and then wait until tomorrow morning to decide whether I was going to work tomorrow. Well, I have decided already that I will stay home. It is simply not worth it. I don't want to risk a feeding tube infection or some other complication.


No comments: